The day after Shannon's Baptism Jeff and I went back to work. I thought it was going to be terrible, but there was so much going on, I was so over the top busy, I didn't get a chance to miss my babies too much. I mean, I missed them very much, but I didn't get a chance to sit and dwell about it.
We worked our way back to a normal of getting up before the sun, getting out the door shortly after, working and rushing back home to enjoy some snuggles and fun afternoons together all while counting down to the weekend.
John and Mommy watching movies we have on the couch. This is one of my most favorite things to do!!
I'm not surprised at all to find that John is interested in using my camera. He always asks to take a picture and it's the cutest thing ever. He puts the strap over his head and holds the camera up to his eye and moves his whole head around until he finds me. He took this photo and although Shannon was not happy I have to say it's a pretty darn good photo!
John's becoming more and more interested in having Shannon play with him. Here he is explaining all of his different cars, their names, the colors, and trying to have Shannon push them back to him. Love to see them like this.
He really wanted her to play back. One day John, one day . . .

Hi sweetie pie!

Then it was official, the kids were coming back to school, it was going to be my very first day as a teacher and my babies were learning a new routine of Papa and Bert's in the morning and then to school. Here we are on the first official day of school!
The following weekend we went to the park and Shannon tried out a new (to her) stroller, I think she liked it!
The million dollar smile!
Mr. Serious trying to dig up the artifacts at the park, "I see a deer ear Mommy! A deer ear!! haha"
My big helper, he wanted to push Shannon back to the car! Love it!
Later that day I realized that I had dressed my kids in a very 80's way, those are Umbros on John and leg warmers on Shannon, don't they say that in fashion everything comes back one day? I don't know, but I think they look adorable!
Another photo compliments of John. :)
Then John found and wanted to play Candy Land. We had so much fun! He's listened and understood the rules and made sure that each of us had a player, since Shannon was sleeping he went for her turn but he didn't let us skip anyone once. I liked that!
Mommy, one orange for you!
Then it was time to give Shannon her first taste of "real" food, rice cereal. From what I remember John LOVED eating at this age. He opened his mouth, chomped down and it was never an issue. Well little Miss was definitely not interested in making it that easy. It's still a struggle, she just doesn't understand what to do and I honestly think she doesn't care for the taste (or lack there of). In any case, she was very unhappy about this new part of her day.
Open up Shannon!
Come on, it's yummy!! YUUMMMM!
You call this yummy?! Ugggh!
Seriously!

Sweet scrunchy face!

On one of the last days of August we had a nice family dinner, we were all talking, catching up, etc. and I looked over to see Jeff, Andy and their girls . . . love this so much!
So bye-bye August, you were wonderful and full of some great memories. We really enjoyed you and were glad to take a look back at all of the fun times. Speaking of time, slow down buddy, no need to win the race, September's already out the door and we are welcoming in October. I just can't keep up!
Life sure is busy these days!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment