Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Amazing Road Trip of 2012 Part 6 (DISNEY!!!)

Day 11 (DISNEY!!)

Oh boy, I was so very excited for this day the whole entire trip. It was our first trip to Disney as a family of four. The emotions and magic of Disney get me every time. It is usually ridiculously expensive and crowded and it's work to make sure everyone is happy and having a fun time, but it is always so SO worth it. Just to feel the goosebumps of walking under the train station and seeing the kids eyes light up when they realize where we are. I could go on and on . . .

We were up and ready to go bright and early!
Photobucket

On the boat ride to Magic Kingdom. The excitement was building! "I can see the castle!!"
Photobucket

I have to laugh, I am so freaking excited and Shannon's all "meh?"
Photobucket

Our first ride was Peter Pan, honestly I teared up.
Photobucket

Next was a teachup ride!
Photobucket

Photobucket

We started realizing that there were very few lines (yay!) and started racing around. So much fun! John was tall enough to go on the race cars. I waited in line with him and then he got to go on again with Jeff with a "parent pass" thing. John was in heaven!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Shannon was happy watching big bro and eating her snacks.
Photobucket

Daddy's turn!!
Photobucket

Small World was next! John asked what the name of the ride was so I told him he says "Oh like my school, wait, are we going to school right NOW?" Cute!
Photobucket

Love the look of awe on their faces!
Photobucket

So then we decided to try to get on Dumbo and realized the whole ride and line have been changed. Half way through the line there is an indoor play ground. I was confused but the kids were happy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The line was so short we went on it twice!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They have a new water play area and the kids couldn't resist running and around and getting wet. They had so much fun!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We saw a fun Goofy roller coaster and asked John if he wanted to go on? He said absolutely NO! But I could tell he was really thinking about it . . .

We could tell the kids were getting tired but decided one leisurely trip on the people mover would be fun!
Photobucket

Photobucket

At this point the kids were ready for their nap. We decided to head back to the hotel to rest and recharge for the afternoon/evening!
Photobucket

We were back well rested, new outfits and ready to have a blast . . . again!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we got THE photo!!! Love!
Photobucket

(complete tangent here - so at Disney when they take your photo you get a credit card thing so that you can go online and find the photo later. Very efficent! Well the credit card thing wasn't working so I called the number and the woman on the other end literally looked through thousands of photos to find us. And I was SO glad she did! Disney knows what they are doing!)

So the first thing John wants to do? The Goofy roller coaster! He had thought and thought and decided YES he wanted to go on it!

I saw them on the way up and I was holding my breath!
Photobucket

I knew he was either going to LOVE it or HATE it . . . well he LOVED it, thankfully!!
Photobucket

Buzz Lightyear ride next!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Zerg!
Photobucket

Aladdin's magic carpet
Photobucket

Photobucket
(apparently I have a need for the open mouth smile?)

We went on the Jungle Cruise even though we had quite the problem with it a few years ago. Left the cameras in the bag "just in case"!

Next was Pirates! I think we went on three times in a row! Oh and nice how the ride empties into a huge store, well played Disney, well played!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was time for the night light parade. I couldn't wait to see the kids watch this. So Jeff's all, we don't need any of those crazy light up toys okay, and I'm all, yeah sure no problem. Well one look at the kids faces when they see them and Jeff's chasing down a guy to get John and Shannon the biggest toys they've got. He is a good Daddy!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Typically we run outta there as fast as we can after the parade to avoid the crowd, but the kids were still hanging in there and there were a few more rides we could get in before the park closed so we decided to live this day to it's fullest!

One more time on the teacups . . . yeah it was worth it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The castle at night :)
Photobucket

The carousel :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

John and I went on the goofy roller coaster one more time, then we went on Dumbo one more time and mid ride all of the fireworks went off. Not sure there's a more Disney moment than that!! Something I won't forget for sure!

We stayed until we had to leave and didn't get home until midnight. It was the most perfect day!



No comments:

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP